De Ontzetting Wageningen zoekt dirigent
Beschikbaar sinds: 03 DEC 2022
Sluiting aanmeldingstermijn: 08 JAN 2023
|Vereniging:||De Ontzetting - Wageningen (Gelderland)|
|Repetitie op:||donderdag - avond|
Who are we?
Student wind orchestra ‘De Ontzetting’ from Wageningen is looking for a new conductor to guide our orchestra. We are a young, enthusiastic, diverse, international-student friendly orchestra of 60-70 people, mainly students.The latter means that people leave and enter the orchestra every year, resulting in a diverse and flexible group of people. Every year we play two large concerts and several smaller ones. During these concerts, we play a repertoire that matches the diversity of our orchestra. Once every two years we go on tour abroad.Twice a year we also enjoy a rehearsal weekend together. Besides coming together to play music, we also value spending time together in the pub and during non-musical activities.
What are we looking for?
• We are looking for a conductor who:
• has a positive and optimistic point of view.
• has a bachelor degree in HaFaBra conducting or has other experience leading to the same level of conducting
• knows how to balance aiming for the orchestra’s potential and having a fun and relaxed atmosphere during rehearsals
• has the musical knowledge and skills to teach the orchestra new things.
• values diversity in terms of people, music, nationalities, levels of musical skills, and so on.
• has good communication skills.
• can lead the rehearsal and communicate with the orchestra in English. Speaking Dutch is a plus.
• is young at heart and is able to connect with the target audience of Dutch and international students.
What do we offer?
‘De Ontzetting’ is a fun, flexible, optimistic orchestra where no month or year is the same. The changing composition of our orchestra creates a dynamic environment where every year a ‘new orchestra’ finds its way to make music. This includes the opportunity to be part of the creative musical process together with enthusiastic young people. The salary offered will be in accordance with the BvOI guidelines.
Interested? Please send a motivation letter (max 1 A4) and your resume (in English or Dutch) to email@example.com before the 8th of January. Based on these applications we will conduct interviews in the first half of February, for which we will invite candidates within two weeks after the application deadline. These interviews will serve as a selection for the try-out rehearsals which will take place in the end of March and in April. After these try-out rehearsals the final decision on a new conductor for our orchestra will be taken (mid April).
Website vereniging https://www.ontzetting.wur.nl/